Welcome Center Opportunities
- If you are not already connected to a local NPS unit, find one by visiting http://www.nps.gov/findapark — narrow the list by choosing boating as an activity
- Invite interpretive staff to present a program during your paddlefest or other “intro to paddling” free day
- Plan National Trails Day paddling activity. Connect with the national trails http://www.nps.gov/nts/nts_trails.htm l — some of them like the Captain John Smith Chesapeake National Historic Trail and Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail have water components and often participate in National Trails Day.
- Plan National Parks Week paddling activities, last week of April (2011 and beyond) Go to http://www.nps.gov/ncrc/programs/rtca/whatwedo/projects_by_state.html to find an RTCA project to engage with near you
- Watch a video about how RCTA helps create healthier communities for ideas you might implement locally http://www.nps.gov/ncrc/programs/rtca/news&events/ne_video.html
- Sign up for the RCTA monthly email newsletter http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=0016DNjNiidDhTNNQpNvUqLbA%3D%3D
- Go here – http://www.nps.gov/ncrc/programs/rtca/index.htm – to learn how Welcome Centers can connect with RTCA staff to provide technical assistance to communities so they can conserve rivers, preserve open space, and develop trails and greenways where such projects aren’t already under way.