2010 Lets Go Paddling Press Plan
- Rapid Media will be promoting Let’s Go Paddling in print and online to encourage existing paddlers to Grab a Friend and Let’s Go Paddling.
- Rapid Media free e-subscriptions to Let’s Go Paddling Paddlefest participants
- Discounts on Reel Paddling Film Festival to all official Welcome Centers.
- Why I Love Paddling video comp for consumers; LGP will select certain videos from the competition to feature on the main LGP website so that non-paddlers can see from real paddlers why paddling is such a great sport.
- Other paddlesports verticals will help promote Let’s Go Paddling through their online sites.
- Outside magazine will include mention of Let’s Go Paddling in its June issue.
- Other target media outlets include USA Today and regional newspapers in Welcome Center communities. To this latter end, official Welcome Centers will have access to easy-to-use, customizable press release templates to promote their relationship with LGP, tie-ins to national events and consumer-oriented free paddlefests or other intro to paddling events.
LGP will participate in reciprocal links and content sharing with National Partners:
- USA Canoe Kayak
- American Canoe Association
- US Fish and Wildlife Service/National Refuges
- President’s Council on Physical Fitness, President’s Challenge
- National Park Service
The goal of the social media campaign is to generate leads to reach new paddlers, build awareness for paddlesports, drive increased paddling participation.
LetsGoPaddling has already established a Twitter account and we will be inviting folks to join and sending LGP updates to subscribers daily. Examples of Tweets include: The registration of a new Welcome Center, upcoming Paddlefests, national tie-ins (National Fitness Month, National Great Outdoors Month, National Trails Day, National Get Outdoors Day), reports from Official Welcome Centers, broader consumer interest news, etc
Why Twitter? (from NielsenWire)
10 million+ users, 1382% growth past year over year
- Largest user age group is 35 – 49
- Twitter is very mobile. More than 1 million unique visitors accessed the Twitter Web site through mobile phones. The average unique visitor went to Twitter.com 14 times during the month and spent an average of 7 minutes on the site.
- Facebook A Paddler badge will be made available to all members of the Facebook community who paddle – from casual participants to enthusiasts. Paddlers will be encouraged to display the badge on their FB profile. LGP will run Facebook photo and video contests, quick polls and quizzes to encourage signup and active engagement participation on the Lets Go Paddling FB page.
- More than 400 million active users worldwide
- Average user spends 55 minutes per day on FB
- More than 35 million users update their status each day
World Kayak Web Channels
World Kayak will promote LGP to its 120K unique monthly viewers and 5500 active bloggers encouraging all visitors to Grab a Friend, Let’s Go Paddling, especially during June, National Let’s Go Paddling Month.